Heath Brook Campaign Update
We are 2/3rds of the way to our goal of $325,000!
We have received pledges and donations from over 100 families and grants from two foundations, the Land Bank of Wolfeboro-Tuftonboro and the Wolfeboro Fund plus a donation from the Wolfeboro Conservation Commission to make it 2/3rds of the way to our goal. Many of you have taken advantage of matching challenge grants created by a few generous donors. They have just extended their matching deadline. It’s not too late to double your donation. Every dollar pledged or donated before October 31st will be matched.
Did you know?
- 11% of the water that enters the Wentworth Watershed travels through Heath Brook?
- Heath Brook acts like a filter keeping sediments, nutrients and pollutants from entering the lake.
- Of the 111 acres, 40 of them are prime for development — 25 to 30 homes could be built there.
- Our property values are directly related to the quality of our lakes.
- Our children and grandchildren will thank us!
Donations will provide:
- Conservation forever
- Community access and educational opportunities
- Protection of wetlands and wildlife
- Preservation of water quality
Your support is needed to purchase and conserve this 111-acre parcel of Brewster Heath in the Wentworth-Crescent Watershed in Wolfeboro. Act now by making your pledge or donation today!
Here are ways that you can contribute: